Tuesday, December 21, 2004

NationStates game

Okay GUK & GUF, have you seen this game and mentioned it to me?

I wonder if you are interested how I came upon it? I am finally scrolling through my backlog of emails from unschooling mailing lists [ http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UnschoolingDiscussion/]... another mum asked others
"I'm trying to recall the title of a book I read...mmm..about six months ago. The premise was a point in the future in which people were so dependent on corporations that employees took on the last name of the company they worked for (ie: Sheila McDonald's or Timothy Nike). One of the early scenes involves a kid getting killed at the mall over some fancy sneakers or something. I don't recall it in much detail at the minute, but it had an interesting premise that is related to a point I'm trying to make in one of my classes, and someone is wanting to read it if I can recall the name of it. "

(I'll have to check out her blog)

Naturally two or three others identified the title she sought and one pointed to the game. No, I haven't given it a go yet, I don't yet have sufficient online time. But I guessed one or both of my favourite uncles would have either tried it or heard of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...