Friday, November 04, 2005

Hennepin County Libraries

When creating a mini web-directory recently purely as an assignment for my Diploma of Information and Library Services I found so many fascinating websites that might be useful or interesting to other library students it was hard to stop myself surfing for more than needed for the assignment.   In the process I subscribed to get bloglets from Peter Scott's Library Blog. The only item that caught my curiosity today was the link to presentations from the Conference and Exhibition "Internet Librarian 2005". I'll be wanting to check out more of those but the path I followed first was Workshop 9 — Advanced Weblogs: Applications, Technology, Cases whose "Quick, Quick, Quick Intro to Blogs and RSS" gave Tame the Web: Libraries and Technology as a blog example, where I found '10 Things I Learned at Internet Librarian 2005' #8 of which connected with me so I visited Hennepin County Library .

I liked it and wanted to note it. So let's just hope that till I have somewhere else to journal it, it ends up at moonflowerdragon.

--
I am guided by two apparently disparate philosophies:

       "Peace *will* enter your life, but you
       need to clear a spot for her to sit down."

and:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, champagne in the other, body
thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a
ride!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...