Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Protopage (v.3) has Tabs


protopageWithTabs
Originally uploaded by moonflowerdragon.
Hooray for protopage v.3.

Now I can express my delight unequivocably. With that little wrinkle ironed out protopage walks all over startpage alternatives. Movable resizable overlappable sticky notes - can't beat that.

I wondered whether being able to include my del.icio.us page of bookmarks as one of my firefox homepages would take the place of my startpage. However I just recently added a couple of quicklinks to my private protopage quicklink sticky - I guess because when I do want to use those links I don't want to have to search for them. Perhaps it is only the other pages (now under named tabs) - unless I can figure a way to place links or content there automatically (eg mash from specific del.icio.us/Flickr tags and Bloglines folders)

It's also now got TO DO list stickies - niftier than the text sticky I was using... although with text I would format the text to highlight priority items.

2 comments:

  1. All your delicious pages have RSS feeds for them which you can import directly into Protopage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Moonflowerdragon,
    I just checked out protopage v.3 (www.protopage.com) and I agree. The extra layer of customization can't be beat. The layers of tabs you can personalize and the ready made subject headers to give you ideas really make this site stand out. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. I'll certainly be delving deeper into it to check out all of its features.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...