Friday, January 19, 2007

From blog design to being loved

After admiring Colin's (on the glade) blog's design I started clicking from myBloglines to the sources themselves to try to work out what I like most in blog designs. I like cool, clean and simple, but I also love nifty things (attractive header, tabbed pages, sidebar widgets, even personalised icons) - my challenges, should I choose to take it further than contemplation, is to find my own design and then work out how to make it happen.

Today I found Elliott Black's Top 10, and although I don't really agree with those 10, I enjoyed a comment's pointer to Veerle, and also Powazek's Thoughts.

Then things got really interesting: not only were a couple of Powazek's thoughts entertaining, but an interestingly publicly intimate one sent me to subvert with Heather Gold (who I've added to my Bloglines).

Apparently during this Intimacy rundown (whose podcast and possibly video is still to come) Michelle Tea

talked about being loved for a day by love artist Kathy Izzo and what a difference it made to her day, knowing she was loved as she worked in a book shop

I'm definitely curious.

However the destination that tripped this from a diverting skim to a reason to blog was the poem that Heather Gold read: I Love You With Technology. I'm curious what my friend Cecilia's opinion of it would be. Can't relate from personal experience but I was definitely intrigued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...