Thursday, June 21, 2007

?Dodge Chrysler 318 v8 poppet valve clearances

I have a search challenge to play with. There was a patron in at the SMB library today who had been very well helped by the staff to find within the library what information was there.

He had been hoping to find the workshop manual for a Dodge Chrysler 318 v8 from which he might learn what clearance is recommended for the input and exhaust valves - he is fixing up the motor of such a car himself. Unfortunately we don't have a copy of that manual. I wondered to myself whether I might find the information he needs online.

I couldn't see anything immediately useful among the websites recommended by the TAFE for automotive students. The Yahoo autos directory mentions a Charger Club in WA catering to all Chrysler vehicles.

Hm, I've been googling with interest, but I'm not turning up anything that I can see being useful. There is a Chrysler owners club in Queensland, and an Australian Chryslers webring... Ah Chrysler restorers clubs... South Australia, Victoria.

LibraryLink responds to search for Dodge Chrysler manuals that there are manuals at Goldfields and Maribyrnong library services - only I have to check the details for each - and none appear to refer to the Dodge Chrysler 318. Actually there is only one that mentions a "Dodge Chrysler"again no 318 specified... how can I tell whether it would be useful?

I guess unless someone works out how to find online the specific information he wants, he might email one of the clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...