Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ah that's why we can't vote online

(While I continue to pin new interesting posts through Bloglines I've decided to start unpinning some of the old ones by reflecting on why I wanted to keep it)

Gee, this one I've had since April last year! It caught my eye because I've often thought that automating vote-counting would be nifty. But as Cheilla pointed out (in the summary she tabled and her teacher shared online) as voting is supposed to be anonymous in the online environment protecting anonymity is not compatible with preventing (or detecting and identifying) fraud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...