Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Four sentences for your cover letter (from creamcitian at The Scott Adams blog)

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Next time I need to write a cover letter for a resume I believe I will remember those four sentences from The Princess Bride - thanks to creamcitian's concise explanation of how they represent the four key messages one needs to convey.

I want to link you directly to the comment in which creamcitian offers this striking cue, but it seems Dilbert.com doesn't assign permalinks to comments. The link I have provided is to a display of most popular comments first (creamcitian's topping the votes at this time).

No comments:

Post a Comment

ABOUT COMMENTING HERE:
1. You can use some HTML tags, such as <b>, <i>, <a>

2. Apparently blogspot requires that we allow third party cookies for the darn feature to work. Sorry, nothing I can do about it - Google will lead you to instructions.

3. I don't generally post on contentious issues so I don't expect problems.
However, I will delete comments I consider:
disrespectful, destructive, irrelevant or SPAM, (even sucking up: praising my post without reason while linking to a business site).

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...